Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My Personal Mission Statement

My mission as a teacher-librarian is to provide learning support and leadership to my community. I will seek and provide resources, electronic and print, that reflect the diversity of my community and the world. I will support readers and non-readers alike, with materials that support their questioning, problem-solving, and collaborative meaning-making. I will create an environment in the learning
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash
commons which respects and honours the rights and diversity of our community. I will work with my colleagues to provide resources and opportunities to increase information literacy for all. I will advocate for the learning commons and the resources needed to support learners equitably, including access to technology. I will ensure that the learning commons is accessible, inclusive, and  welcoming during school hours. Learners will have access to my services any time they need support.

No comments:

Post a Comment